How To Keep Your New Year's Resolutions

Welcome 2015
The new year has been celebrated, and by now, hopefully everyone has caught up with their beauty rest and recharged themselves from the festivities. All too soon we are back to work and some of us fall into our old bad habits exerting little effort into keeping our ambitious new year's resolutions. That's when I read this intriguing article on Twitter via @HuffingtonPost about a different approach to keeping your new year's resolution.

Being Born on New Years Day Taught Me To Make Resolutions I Actually Keep describes how choosing a theme word for the year could be easier than running through a list of resolutions. Sahaj Kholi wrote, "I believe we should try to spend everyday working on ourselves, our passions, our relationships and on reaching our goals." In her article, she tells how picking a theme helps inspire actions that will lead to better habits. Instead of focusing or worrying about a list of resolutions, she can remind herself of the theme word and use it as guide to make good choices and better decision making.

Miss Kholi also states that the year-end brings a celebration of the reminder (and human ability) to hold ourselves to higher standards. She asked her closest friends to send her a few notes of her flaws so she could internalize the need to be a better version of herself. In combination with those notes, she uses affirmations in the mornings and strives to have a kinder internal dialogue with herself. Everyone can benefit from these habits and small changes that can be done daily. One step at a time, focusing on the present day ahead we can work on our new years resolutions without stress nor the weight of a list. Keep your goals in mind and make decisions daily that will bring you closer to them.


Personally, I took the challenge of the list as well as choosing the theme REGALITY. My list is short and simple with definitive times with weekly and monthly goals. I am sharing them with my friends and family so that they can assist in keeping me on track. Further more, I am creating a 'dream board' with creative images of my new year's resolutions to help me stay focused each time I glance at it.

Good luck with your new year's resolutions, enjoy  the 2015 chapter of your life should you choose to have no resolutions, and last but not least Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts