Chapter 3.6: His Side of the Story - Fantasy Fiction
May 20, 2026
An imagined account.
I remember the first time I saw her.
At least, I imagine I do.
It was Wednesday, May 20, and she didn't look like someone who had come looking for trouble.
She looked young.
Maybe twenty-two.
Twenty-five at most.
A little girl, I thought.
Not literally, of course. Just young enough that I assumed she was there for the cars and nothing more.
And honestly?
I couldn't blame her.
The cars were beautiful.
She walked around freely, admiring them without acting like she was trying to impress anyone. There was something almost childlike about the way she looked at them.
She wasn't pretending to know everything about cars.
She just genuinely liked them.
That caught my attention.
She asked if she could take pictures.
I said yes.
Nothing complicated.
Nothing inappropriate.
Just a girl who loved exotic cars and a guy who happened to work around them.
She took her pictures, thanked me, and left.
That should have been the end of it.
Then I saw the thank-you post.
She had posted about her experience.
I don't remember exactly what made me respond.
Maybe it was curiosity.
Maybe I thought she was interesting.
Maybe I simply wanted to see her again.
I slid into her DMs.
I told her she should come back.
I offered to pull up in a nice car.
It sounded harmless.
At least, that's how I imagine I justified it to myself.
There was no grand plan.
No calculated seduction.
Just a little conversation.
A little curiosity.
A little invitation.
Two days later, she came back.
And that's when I realized she wasn't just the girl taking pictures with the cars.
She had a story.
We talked.
Really talked.
She told me she was taking her mother and her daughter to Las Vegas for vacation.
She was on a long break from work.
She sounded genuinely excited about summer.
There was something bright about her.
She talked quickly when she was excited.
Her eyes seemed to get bigger when she talked about something she loved.
And then she told me something I didn't expect.
She was scared of dating.
Not because she didn't want love.
Because she didn't know how to play the game.
She said she didn't know how to be mysterious.
Didn't know how to take things slow.
She wanted to get married someday.
Not because she needed a wedding.
Because she wanted real love.
The kind where two people actually chose each other.
Then she laughed and admitted that her ovaries weren't exactly cooperating with her plans.
Fifteen months abstinent had apparently given her body opinions of its own.
I laughed.
She laughed.
And suddenly the conversation felt easy.
Too easy.
She wasn't trying to perform.
She wasn't pretending to be someone she wasn't.
She was just...
herself.
I took her for a quick drive.
Nothing crazy.
Just enough for her to experience the car.
But I remember the way she looked.
Happy.
Not because I was there.
Because she was doing something she loved.
And maybe that's what made me want to keep talking to her.
She had this strange combination of innocence and confidence.
She could talk about marriage and God and her future...
Then turn around and make a joke about her ovaries.
I didn't know what to make of her.
Maybe I didn't need to make anything of her.
Maybe it really was just a harmless interaction.
A girl.
A car.
A conversation.
A little flirtation.
A summer afternoon.
At least...
That's how the story looked from the outside.
Because sometimes the dangerous part of a story isn't the beginning.
It's what happens when two people walk away from the same moment carrying completely different meanings.
Maybe she went home thinking she'd met someone special.
Maybe I went back to work thinking I'd simply met an interesting woman.
Maybe neither of us understood what that first drive would eventually become.
She called it "love at first drive."
I laughed.But somewhere beneath the laughter...
Maybe I wondered what would happen if I saw her again.
And maybe that was the first mistake.
Or maybe it wasn't a mistake at all.
Maybe it was simply the first page.
Because neither of us knew it yet...
But that little conversation beside a red Porsche was about to become a story neither of us could control.



Comments
Post a Comment