Chapter Seven: Hot Car Summer 2026


I Came for the Cars, I'm Staying for the Cars

Well, summer is basically over.

And after conducting several months of completely unscientific field research, I have reached an important conclusion:

The exotic-car community is absolutely not my dating pool.

At least not intentionally.

And honestly?

That's okay.

Hot Car Summer taught me something I probably should have realized much earlier:

I don't need to date the boys with the toys.

I am one of the boys with the toys.

I'm just a girl.

A girl who likes dresses, heels, pretty things, angel wings and occasionally looking like I have absolutely no business knowing what happens when you downshift into a corner.


But I genuinely love cars.

I love looking at them.

I love hearing them.

I love photographing them.

I love drawing them.

I love imagining different designs and color combinations.

I love learning about them.

And most importantly,

I love driving them.

Apparently, my self-diagnosed car fetish survived the summer.

Possibly worsened.

Further research will be required.

For science, obviously.


Boys and Their Toys

The more time I spent around the car community this summer, the more I realized something kind of adorable.

A lot of these men are basically little boys who grew up and finally became able to afford the toys they used to dream about.

And I don't even mean that as an insult.

I understand them.

Because I'm the same way.

Some people see a Lamborghini and think:

That's excessive.

I see one and think:

What color would I order mine?

Some people hear a ridiculously loud exhaust and become annoyed.

I turn my head.

Immediately.

Some people look at a Porsche and see transportation.

I start mentally redesigning it.



So perhaps the reason I feel comfortable around these guys isn't because I'm looking for one of them to become my boyfriend.

Maybe it's because we're playing with the same toys.

And that realization has actually been incredibly freeing.


Cute Girl ≠ Looking for Male Attention

This one apparently needs clarification.

I like being cute.

I like dressing up.

I like being feminine.

I like taking beautiful pictures.

I like walking into a room (or a car show) and commanding a little attention.

I'm not going to pretend I don't enjoy it.

I do.

But enjoying attention doesn't mean I want every person giving it to me.

Those are two completely different things.

If some lusty loser thinks I'm cute?

Wonderful.

Thank you for your participation.

Now please step aside.

😂

Because I don't want random male attention simply for the sake of collecting it.

I'd rather eventually turn visibility into influence.

I want people looking because I want to show them something beautiful, interesting, funny or meaningful.


I want to use whatever platform I build to encourage positivity.

Good causes.

Kindness.

Creativity.

Faith.

Cars.

Women doing things people don't necessarily expect women to do.


And maybe a little chaos because, unfortunately, I am still me.

But attention itself isn't the prize.

What I do with it matters more.


As for Dating...

Hot Car Summer also confirmed something else.

I don't want to date casually inside a community I genuinely enjoy being part of.

That sounds exhausting.

I don't want to walk into every event wondering who likes me, who wants me, who dated whom, who is married, who is technically separated, who has three situationships and a girlfriend nobody knows about, or who thinks eye contact beside a McLaren constitutes a relationship.

I came here to see the McLaren.

Please move.


I'm much happier appreciating people as people and cars as cars.

And if love eventually finds me somewhere in the middle of all of this?

Cool.

But I'm no longer interested in trying to turn every spark of attraction into a possibility.

Because I've learned there is a huge difference between a man who likes looking at you and a man who has actually decided to move toward you with intention.

I'm not looking for more spectators.

I want a King.


Not because I need some perfect wealthy prince to arrive in a Lamborghini.

He doesn't need the Lamborghini.

I'll get my own.

I mean a man with character.

Integrity.

Faith.

Emotional maturity.

Honesty.

Discipline.

And the courage to make his intentions clear.

Until then?


The lusty losers are welcome to admire respectfully from the sidelines.

The Kings know where the entrance is.


Hot Car Summer Wasn't a Failure

Actually, I think it did exactly what it was supposed to do.

I started the summer slowly wondering whether I was ready to date again.

Instead, I discovered another part of myself.

I found a world that makes me happy.

I remembered how much I love driving.

I became more interested in buying exotic cars.

I started designing them again.

Writing about them.

Photographing them.

Imagining Angel Tech Exotic.

And somewhere between the Porsches, Lamborghinis, McLarens, questionable men, beautiful summer nights and my own occasionally ridiculous imagination...

I stopped needing the cars to be attached to a man.

That's probably my favorite part.

I don't want to be somebody's passenger princess.

I want the keys.

So here's my official conclusion to Hot Car Summer:

The cars?

10/10. Would absolutely recommend.


The community?

Interesting. Entertaining. Occasionally wonderful.

The dating pool?

I'm going to leave that particular check-engine light illuminated.

As for me?

I'm going to keep showing up.

Keep learning.

Keep driving.

Keep creating.

Keep appreciating these ridiculous machines until the day I start parking them in my own garage.

And if a King happens to pull up somewhere along the way?

He can introduce himself.

I'm busy looking at the car.



Comments

Instagram