Reboot Hello Again

Greetings my beautiful reader! It has been about a year since my last blog post. Let's catch up and get things back up to speed in here. 😊 In 2020 I wanted to post more consistently, but that didn't exactly pan out. Regardless, here we are again with a new look, a new title and new concept for this little corner of Blogspot I've been using since 2015. 

Welcome to Something New, my blog-style public journal. 

First of all, let me introduce my current self: I am a spirit having a human experience, and I am here to get closer to love. I strive to be my highest self, and to live life in a way that embodies my core values and beliefs. I was born in Boston, but lived mostly outside of the city. I am a Libra, an INFJ, and a Unicorn-lover. 🦄 

Lately, I've been curious about all things related to Spiritual Awakenings and healing. I enjoy discussing ideas and learning new things. I have been paying more attention to the moon and it's effect on our planet as well as it's effects within ourselves. In the past year or so, I have been practicing mindfulness in the form of meditation and yoga. I also fell in love with taking care of my curly hair and having a skincare routine, thanks to an MLM that I'll talk more about in another post.       

I am fascinated by the idea of Twin Flames, and strongly believe I will reconnect with mine sooner rather than later. I love love, and often suggest the book The Art of Love by Erich Fromm to people. I strongly believe that self-love is key and that it is important to take care of yourself as if you are the love of your life.

Enough about me right now, let's move onto something else. The other day, the Universe brought me an opportunity to hone some of my personal skills. I will not go into much details because I am still in the middle of learning the lessons. However, I will mention that having your own business is a challenge, especially when you must deal with a difficult business partner. 

Thus far, I learned that I am an understanding person, more than most people I know and regularly interact with. I recall one of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (a book by Stephen Covey)Seek first to understand, then to be understood. I don't remember all of the details, tips nor HOW to do this, but it is a habit that I would like to incorporate when it comes to resolving conflict.

Effective communication is what really matters, but often times we we simply talk or wait for other(s) to stop talking to say something, instead of actually listening and crafting a good message to be understood by the other(s). In the book The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, Agreement 1 is: Be Impeccable With Your Word. If my memory serves me right, I read that words have power, like a spell that is cast. Therefore, it is wise to think carefully before we speak. I'm sure it is tiresome to hear this one over and over again, but we have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen twice as much as we speak.

Another key thing I learned, is that when it comes to finances (one of my favorite topics of discussion) and having the role of a treasurer in your business, hiring an accountant or a person who is trustworthy coupled with the skills and experience to perform the job functions should be one of the MAIN priorities. One can easily open the door to "funny business" when left to chance and mere trust between business partners, so having a professional handle that aspect can provide an unbiased perspective and bring back the focus to what is in the best interest of the business.

Now, in other financial and money related things... I am currently studying at Boston University to become a CFP - Certified Financial Planner. I have a full time job, so being able to study and learn at my own pace has been a blessing. I am committed to completing the program by the end of this year. I look forward to taking the exam and passing with flying colors. 😉 In the mean time, I will be sharing bits and pieces of the whole experience as well as cool stuff that you may find interesting as well. If you've read this far, Thank You 💗 and feel free to comment below and/or share this post.

Message of the day: Keep calm, and carry on!






 

Comments

Popular Posts