Hello there second half of 2022...

What an interesting year 2022 has been thus far. These past 6 months felt like a ride on one of those old wooden roller coasters that seem to shake and move quite a lot with some passengers wondering if they are going to make it to the end...I am "some passengers" lol I had a nostalgic moment remembering the Thunderbolt roller coaster from Six Flags New England that was fun but always made me doubt if it would break down with me on it, 😅. With the supposed housing bubble on the rise, I rather wait it out until the burst (or market crash) to make any long term financial moves. According to analysts and experts, the prices for homes may take years to level out so I am making good use of my time saving more and more towards my down payment and learning all about home ownership.

My plans may have shifted, but the goals remain the same. I am focused on health (my greatest wealth) and balance (internally and externally). Mid-year I like to check on my new year's resolutions and ensure my priorities are still in line with my goals and values. It is nice to see the progress I've made in 6 months, rather than every day which doesn't give us access to the big picture. Big or small, it's still exciting for me to be able to look back and see how far I have come. 

I continuously change my mind about this "non-blog" blog but for now, I would like to reserve the right to change my mind and write whatever my heart desires 😏. I've written about many of my interests in the past, including notes on my personal beliefs and struggles. I have since reverted some of my personal posts into drafts to keep them from the public's eye view, but they may resurface at a later time or perhaps even in another form... stay tuned 👀. Back to our 'scheduled' programming... 2022, what a year!

There have been way too many shootings in US, and it's heartbreaking to notice these continued patterns of violent behavior in my country. It seems bad things are happening back to back, like the Roe vs Wade overturn in the Supreme Court that has left the country divided with this step backwards. Thinking about the Pledge of Allegiance, I truly wish that our nation was indivisible, providing liberty and justice for women, since it states "for all". If "one Nation under God" is the part that took away the abortion rights that women had on the federal level, then maybe that needs to be updated. A "god" that takes away women's rights sounds more like a dictator imposing outdated beliefs on our modern life than a deity. Regardless of the reason, this was a huge disappointment, especially in the movement for women's rights. Personally, I believe the effort and energy it took to remove the federal abortion protection for women, could have been better served helping, assisting and providing for the many already pregnant women in need of baby formula, health insurance, or any other pregnancy related issues...

As a nation, we have many problems to solve and deal with, and taking steps backwards like this is embarrassing and makes me wonder if this is country will ever agree upon the big issues at hand to keep alive the good intentions of the US constitution in conjunction with human rights. FYI, I have never been a fan of politics because I don't understand much aside from the power struggles and "strange" deaths surrounding it. I've thought about being an activist. That did not last. I try to bring about positive change in small ways like within my inner circle, but as a parent, even that seems a bit dangerous at times. Most people don't seem to understand the reality of things and refuse to let go of what may no longer serve them/us as a united front. Each and everyone has their own version of the truth, and to navigate those versions without love, compassion and wisdom can lead to scary disagreements and dark places. I rather steer clear and focus on what I know I can do until I learn otherwise.

Less politics and more parties! This past 4th of July weekend was extra long for me since I took the 5th off to rest and recover from the festivities. After pool partying 4 days in a row, the break was much needed and appreciated. It was not easy trying to "have fun" and socialize with a toddler running around, but with the help of some amazing people I managed to stop thinking about work and live in the moment. I am filled with gratitude for being able to enjoy my time off and get back home safely. It was sad to hear about the Highland Park parade shooting. May stories like these shootings happen less and less moving forward. Please Higher Force, helps us learn, grow and evolve to be able to live happily in peace 🙏.

Since returning back to work, I have entered beast focus mode!! Claim it now: The next 6 months will be a beautiful display of my dedication and hard work manifesting my dreams and accomplishing all my 2022 goals!!

I welcome financial, emotional, spiritual and physical stability into my life!!

I welcome love, success, happiness, inner peace and clarity into my life!!

Comments

Popular Posts