Moving past March Madness


Today is Friday, March 25th and it's slightly better than most days because I got paid today. 🤑 Nothing like getting paid biweekly to make me appreciate every other Friday, lol. #FlashBackFriday to this picture of me in my old place in Natick where I used to live. In September, I moved to the Boston area and have been a bit MIA from this digital space.

Since then so much has happened, which made these last 6 months feel like they flew by. Some things aren't worth a mention, but let's get some thoughts out and see what happens, shall we?

Back in 2015 when I started writing, I called this digital space a "blog" but today I call it my "public journal". Not that it really matters all that much, but I like to mention and clarify that for whatever reason. In 2015 I was in love for the first time, started my career in the pharmaceutical industry, and planted the seeds of a dream that has been years in the making. That dream is now my main goal and it's so close to becoming a reality, like within a year's time I will be proudly patting myself on the back saying "I DID IT!"

There's been a few things on my mind lately, so much so that I had to write it out. If you didn't know, I have many notebooks, and people close to me will surely tell you that's a bit of an understatement, lol. The first thing that comes to mind is this line: "A blog is a conversation no one wanted to have with you." It's from Michelle Wolf's Joke Show on Netflix. I find that hilarious, and it reminded of another joke someone else said about Twitter being a conversation with yourself hoping someone will pitch in... lol. I like to to laugh and so naturally I watch a lot of stand-up comedy and Netflix specials. Perhaps that's part of why I bother to clarify that this is not a blog, although I can think of many things/topics I am interested in (and write about) that could be conversations no one want's to have with me. 😂

This past weekend I was in Florida. That was a fun sweet escape. I love the warmth and seeing all the green everywhere. Thankfully the weather started to warm up in the Boston area so being outside is a more pleasant experience (I don't do so well in the cold 🥶). I am planning another trip, more towards the end of the year, potentially around my birthday, but until then I plan on enjoying the summer time and making lots of good memories. I want to visit a couple waterfalls and go to the beach more often. This past winter I wanted to put my snowboard to good use but that didn't happen so maybe I can make up for it with some water skiing or whatever fun activities pop up.

Love. Yes that big little word again. Forgive my repetition, but I often recommend reading the book The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm, yet I have not read the full book myself. 😅 I believe that Love is a decision, not a feeling. That is a quote from the book that resonated with me and helped make sense of many complex feelings in relation to love. Also, reading the bible has helped me further understand unconditional love and that the two most important things that Jesus taught was to love God and to love others. I do love reading and writing, but mostly the old school pen and paper, actual physical book type of deal. This month I am currently listening to the audible version of What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence by Stephen Schwarzman, alongside finishing Warrior of the Light by Paulo Coelho.

Time. What an interesting concept. Next to the idea of Eternity, it seems so small in comparison. I like to say that time does not exist, but not take away from it's value and the importance of how we experience it here, on Earth in this dimension... I do my best to organize my time and attempt to do the most in hopes to be productive. I learned that being constantly busy is not the same as being productive, and that priorities cannot be a never ending list of things to do, lol. This month I loosely followed my routines, and some days I didn't do much aside from my daily responsibilities. That may be the norm to most, but I don't like sitting still and barely know what it means to "relax". Oh look at that! It seems my time is running out so that's it for today 😏.

Happy Friday! I am so excited for the summer time fun to begin! 💙



Comments

Popular Posts