Spring Cleaning and April Showers


Although the official start of Spring was March 20th, I've always associated the month of April with the opener of this season.  I've been waiting for warm weather all month, and the random ups and downs were not cutting it for me. I'm still too cold to go out in spring/summer clothing. I may have been born in Boston, but I must have tropical blood or something, because I freeze my little butt off during the cold months. 

The first week of April, I traveled to Orlando, FL. I was lucky to have another sweet escape and enjoy the Florida sun for a change. It was a short 4-day trip, but I got to visit the beautiful Diamond Resort in Orlando and I enjoyed every minute of it. If you love to travel and enjoy taking vacations, whether it be with a partner, friends or family, you should look into becoming a member: www.diamondresorts.com. It's totally worth it, saves you money in the long term, and gives you opportunities to visit many places all over the world. Check out Boston vs Orlando pictures... you can tell how happy I am to be in the sun lol.


Boston, MA - April 2nd, 2019
Here I am, en route to the airport...

Orlando, FL - April 3, 2019
Yours truly, waiting for the trolley... SMiLE!
On my three hour flight back to Boston, I read the book The Four Agreements. I started it during the flight and didn't put it down until I finished the whole book. The four agreements are simple enough to understand, and meant to be put into practice every day until it because a natural habit or better yet second nature. The book itself, and the words within it felt life changing for me, but not in the sense of an overnight huge change, but more of like an introduction to a new perspective, or like a new way of life and living. I've started to write down the agreements daily, as a reminder, and to start each day with them in mind so that I become better and better at putting them into practice and incorporating them in my life.





The second week of April was a little tough for me. I had to make some important decisions in my personal life, and ended up moving to a new place. Moving is always a pain for me. I have so much stuff (mainly clothes) and don't want to get rid of certain things that I think I may need later, lol. But the upside of things is that I was able to turn my move into a sort of spring cleaning event. 

The third week of April was met with several rainy days here in New England. I'm not opposed to the rain, but I enjoy it best when it's warm outside, especially if we get to see a rainbow afterwards; those are beautiful. I've been running daily over at Farm Pond in Framingham, and as much as I'm not a fan of running on muddy grounds, I suck it up and focus on my cardio training. We can always wash the dirt/mud away with water, or better yet get new running sneakers ;) (that shopaholic is still in me!! lol). I've been on a break this month, but I will be getting back to the gym soon and most likely working out indoors more often than not; at least until we finally get some warmer weather outside.




The last week of April was super busy for me. Although this has been the most difficult month, given all the drastic changes and numerous obstacles I've encountered, but I am happy to report that number 1) I've survived and number 2) I am beyond grateful to all the positive people in my life who have been supportive of me and helped me out during some tough times. More good news, I started a new position with an amazing company and I'm so excited to be a valuable part of their team. Also, I've started to take a high interest on being minimalist, and I'm prepping myself for the Project 333 challenge. Stay tuned for more info on what being a minimalist means, and my progress with Project 333 next month!


Comments

Popular Posts