March Madness

Wow, what a month March 2019 has been. Let me start off with the amazing time I had within the first seven days. After some beautiful snowflakes taking over the roads (aka snow storm) on Monday March 4th, I decided to go to a mountain and put my snowboard to good use. I stayed right across the street from a lovely resort that looks just like a castle. I felt like the Queen of the World; it was so much fun. 




After that first week's sweet escape, I went back to reality and started focusing on my finances and personal growth. The apps I use and discussed in the post titled How Many Months Have 28 Days?, helped me track my expenses and bring to my attention that I was not meeting my financial goals due to overspending on shopping (retail therapy got the best of me) and eating out at restaurants. You gotta check yourself before you wreck yourself! So I decided to tighten up my budget, quit drinking alcohol (this will be a bit of a slow and gradual process, over the course of a week or two) and only spend money on necessities like food, shelter, and water. Of course, emergencies come up and as adults we all have bills to pay, but for the month of April, I will be will prioritizing and either canceling or putting on hold any recurring expenses that I do not desperately need right now. 



It is highly important for me to be financially independent, especially as a woman. There are certain males who don't know how to react nor approach me once they find out I don't need them to pay my bills, nor anything else. It cost nothing to be kind, honest and respectful. Yet I still see and hear far too many stories of epic fails where males think they can buy, use, and play women for fools. I get it, it takes time and experience for their maturity levels to reach a good peak, but that is still no excuse for certain behaviors. "Boys will boys" is an outdated statement, and if I have a boy one day, I will give my all to raise him as a man of honor and integrity. I want girls that try to date him to be proud of even having a moment of his time, instead of being upset and with hurt feelings of regret... Anyway, enough of that, it's time to be "gangster" now, LOL.

Back to my main topics of discussion... I traveled to New York twice this month, and I am planning another visit at the end of April. My first trip was to White Plains, where I have never been before. I was there for my second competition in IFBB Physique America. Although my body was not ready for competing, I decided to step on stage regardless. I did not place in the top 5, but I did receive my second medal for competing. Check out my stage and booth pictures:




 


 


This past month, I also worked a couple of PUSH events: Tequila Sampling for Ciudad Tequila in Everett and I was a promo model for Magners Hard Cider Sampling in Boston. I love working with PUSH and other agencies that specialize in promo events and such. It's a great way to gain experience, network and meet new people. I've met and worked with many wonderful individuals that I maintain contact with to this day. It such a pleasant surprise to see them at other events as well. Here are some of the photos for the two PUSH events I mentioned:


 

You may have noticed by now that I don't like to be bored at home, so I do my best to look for opportunities to work and increase my income. I am lucky and blessed to have such good friends in my inner circle that are always cheering me up, helping me out with my problems and hooking me up with amazing opportunities. I was invited to be a Ring Girl for the first time and ended up on the local news on March 15th at the Palladium in Worcester, MA.  There I met more awesome people and had a great time working and getting the crowd going:







Looks like this post recapping my month of March has a lot of pictures huh? And there will be more! For St Patrick's Day, I was at my friends' house just hanging out and finishing up my taxes for last year, but somehow I ended up helping them decorate the house for a nice fancy themed dinner.  I met the cutest little girl, and we had a blast!


 


On March 22nd and March 28th, I had the honor and pleasure of working with the Laced team, promoting and participating in a two-part fashion show. The first was a private VIP Pool Party in New Hampshire. The second was at Icon in Boston, my city that I love. Check out the pictures:






 

I must say, March has been my favorite month in 2019. I am so excited for the remaining 9 months of the year, and I look forward to sharing something very special, sooner rather than later. This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be a quite memorable one for me. Have a happy day, enjoy your week and always remember to savor the present moment the best way you can, because life is too short to spend on people, places or things that don't make you happy nor bring you joy! 








Comments

Popular Posts