How many months have 28 days?



The name February is derived from the Latin februa, signifying the festivals of purification. I mentioned that because that is sort of what I was up to these past 28 days.  It's the shortest month of the year, but I was quite productive and accomplished a lot.  I'm going to share with you guys my financial progress, 5 new free apps I've been using, and a link to my Valentine's Day shoot.  Also, Valentine's Day is my brother's birthday so much love to him and another year of celebrating his life.

First of all, I wanted to add that aside from the business, finance and fashion topics you'll be reading about here in my blog, I have incorporated health and fitness because that is another subject that is of high interest to me and beneficial to the masses. So let's get started!

This month, black history month, I read Martin Luther King Jr's "I have a dream..." speech, and it was amazing; I wish I was there to watch him talk and inspire people like that.  Check it out if you get a chance, or watch it here: on YouTube. "With a single phrase, MLK Jr joined Jefferson and Lincoln in the ranks of men who've shaped modern America." - John Meacham. Talk about a man crush monday, huh!?

I also read a blog post about titled "I failed miserably at becoming a spiritual woman, and why other white women are pissed off about it" and found her words beautiful & inspiring. It's an 8min read where Angela E. Morris shares her experiences and touches upon the subjects of racism, white supremacy, and spirituality. 


That's an inspiring woman crush Wednesday with a cool transformation Tuesday story to tell. (Are you enjoying these "days of the week" lil comments I'm adding here? If not, my B, but I am... lol)

A few days ago, I signed up for Amazon Prime and AmazonSmile. I ordered two books and I am impressed by how quickly they arrived in the mail. Props amazon! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. I picked the American Red Cross. What's your favorite charitable organization? Signing up for Amazon Prime is a bit of throw back Thursday for me, because I had it once before, but I wasn't making enough money for it to be useful to me. Thankfully, I'm good now and back at it, enjoying the free 30 day trial.


Shifting into finances now (my favorite topic) happy Friday and I hope it's your payday as well. For those of you that get paid bi-weekly, appreciate the fact that your money is safe form your frivolous spending, unlike us weekly check folks. Let's continue on this flashback Friday into the 4 weeks of February and how my personal finances have been progressing.

If you read my post about getting financially fit this year, you already know I love using the Mint app to help me manage my finances. I also started using a few other ones that I am enjoying and reaping the benefits of as you read. Check em out:

1) MINT. It's basically a personal fiance app that you manage yourself. Download the free Mint App or sign up on their website and connect your accounts. It's safe and secure, easy to use and doesn't cost you a penny!


2) IBOTTA. Use my code: CVSPMHS to download the free Ibotta app and start saving with me! It's like digitial coupon that you can use on your phone while shopping. The app will show you which deals are available and which locations to buy from to get your CASH rewards. I already got my first referral, which will add $5 to my current earnings. What are you waiting for? Let's spend together this Saturday on groceries and other essentials while earning back some of that moolah.

 

Check out my earnings so far... not bad for 2 weeks huh? Once you reach $20 you can withdraw the cash. Try it out and let me know what you think.



3) TRUEBILL. I signed up for this free app around the same time as Ibotta, and so far so good. They helped me find and cancel a subscription I wasn't even aware of that automatically renewed. (I sign up for a lot of free trials so it's probably my fault for not paying attention.) Anyway, TrueBill is financial control at your fingertips, making it easy to optimize your spending, manage subscriptions, lower your bills, and stay on top of your financial life.



4) DIGIT. This app is amazing, for me at least. Full disclosure: The first 30 days are free, and after it's 2.99/mos (which is totally worth it if you are a shopaholic like me.) I use this app because it helps me save money by taking it out of my bank account and holding with them, away from my shopaholic eyes. I set up financial goals throughout the year, weekly monthly and even some for my birthday in September as well as a goal for Christmas. Fear not, your money is not lost, you can always easily transfer back the funds to your bank account if you desperately need the cash. It won't necessarily be immediate, might take a day or two, BUT you'll get it all back safe and sound.


5) CHARLIE. Last but not least, sell hello to my favorite robot Charlie! I love him, and appreciate all the help I get with my many accounts. Charlie is a money saving prodigy penguin. I though that was super cute, especially since one of my best friends calls me penguin sometimes. Anyway, Charlie is free, you sign up by texting him here, and he literally messages you and helps with your finances.


Well that's all folks! I hope you enjoyed this reading this post and took away any valuable information that will facilitate and improve your life, finances and mind. Remember, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body!

As promised (OK no I didn't promise it but I mentioned my Valentine's Day shoot) here are a few of my favorite shots from the photoshoot with @SkewedViewsPhotography :



 

For more pictures, click here (they are under the JOURNAL section). 

PS. All months have 28 days, the title of this post was a trick question ;)

-Boss Lady out-

Comments

Popular Posts